A five-story dry goods warehouse built in 1916 and a two-story tobacco drying shed built in 1948 were the raw material for the project that we transformed into Canal Crossing. Located in the historic Shockoe district of Richmond, VA, Canal Crossing is a mixed-use 105,000 sf building, currently with 85,000 sf of office space, and 19,700 sf retail.
Historic materials such as brick, wood framing, and steel columns have been left exposed, while a modern steel and glass atrium connects the two buildings across what was once a narrow parking area. Former loading docks have become outdoor seating for restaurant tenants.
Buffalo Wild Wings
Give More Media Inc.
Spurrier Media Group
- One block from Main Street Station, and directly adjacent to the only Triple Crossing of three Class I railroads in North America
- Close proximity to VCU Health System
- Easy access to I-95 and I-64
- 20 designated visitors parking spaces in gated lot; over 300 spaces available in adjacent public lots and on-street
- 40-foot atrium connects South 15th Street to parking lot, encourages walk through traffic
- ADA compliant
- Neighboring businesses include hundreds of restaurants, bars, clubs and retail shops within the River and Financial Districts
- Nearby historic attractions include the famous Riverfront and historic canal system designed by Thomas Jefferson, the Virginia Holocaust Museum, Edgar Allan Poe Museum, Virginia Civil Rights Memorial, Capitol Square and much more
Contact us about office and commercial space availability in Canal Crossing